Autumn is in the air here, in Central Florida. The days aren’t as hot and humid, and the mosquitoes, well they’re still here, but not as bothersome as usual. With that being said, I’ve been craving Jamaica lately. So why not make a cocktail with a fall twist, while I’m at it? Enjoy!
- 4.75oz Homemade unsweetened Jamaica
- 2oz Tequila añejo @agavalestequila
- 1oz Scratch made pear syrup
- .25oz Pear flavored vodka @absolutus
- Garnished with a pear rose
Glass pick by @surfsidesips
Use the link above to purchase the glass pick or anything else from Surfside Sips. Use my code “Impeccable 20” for 20% off of your total.
Everyone makes Jamaica different and according to their tastes. The following recipe is how I make my version.
- Pour about 4 cups of water in a pot or large sauce pan and heat on stove.
- Pour about a cup of dried hibiscus into the water.
- Throw in about 4-6 cinnamon sticks and 8-12 pieces of clove. More or less to taste.
- Boil until you extract enough color and flavor from the ingredients.
- Add sugar to taste, but for this recipe, you won’t need to add any as the sweetener for the drink will be the pear syrup.
Pear Syrup Recipe
- Cut up a pear and remove seeds and stem.
- Blend the pear with 1 cup of water.
- Fine strain into a sauce pan.
- Add 1 cup sugar.
- Mix and simmer all of the ingredients until you reach the desired consistency.
- Bottle it up and enjoy.