Happy Lemon Juice Day!
Happy International Cabernet Day!
I know that this next drink might be blasphemous to some of you, but hear me out. I had the following equation in my mind.
And let me tell you that my experiment did not disappoint. I used Justin Cabernet as the wine of choice, so I made a spiced berry syrup to bring out the black fruit and spice notes of the wine. The spice is totally optional, though.
It’s refreshing and great for this hot Florida weather. You can play around with the measurements of each ingredient to make it more to your taste. Enjoy!
- 5oz Cabernet @justinewine
- 3oz scratch made spiced berry syrup
- 1oz freshly pressed lemon juice
Spiced Berry Syrup Recipe
- 1/4 cup each of blackberry and blueberry. 1/2 cup of water. Blend.
- Fine strain over a sauce pan with 4 cinnamon sticks, 8 clove buds,(spices are optional)and 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and simmer until you get your desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass container.