This next cocktail was inspired by one of my favorite childhood movies.
It has to do with a pig, named Wilbur, that is being raised to be slaughtered, but is helped out by his friend, Charlotte, a spider. She weaves positive messages about the pig with her web in order to convince the farmer to let him live.
Well, in my version, Charlotte is a giant spider that lures Wilbur, with her seductive voice, into her giant web to slaughter and eat him. Enjoy!
- 2.5oz Day Drinker Bourbon @treatyoak
- .75oz Cranberry, lime, & orange shrub @marleecomarket
- .75oz Cardamom & clove syrup @royalroseme
- .25oz blood orange bitters @marleecomarket
- Muddled blackberries & Strawberries
- Garnished with spiderweb wrapped Wilber
- Combine every ingredient with ice into a shaker tin.
- Shake vigorously. Fine strain over a coupe.
- Print out a spiderweb stencil from the interwebs.
- Purchase some white melting wafers from your local craft or grocery store.
- Melt the wafers.
- Put the melted wafers into a zip lock bag or piping bag.
- Cut out a corner of the zip lock bag to pipe the melted wafer.
- Put parchment paper over your stencil.
- Pipe the melted wafer and follow the stencil.
- When done, let the spiderweb cool down.
- Carefully place the spiderweb over the coupe. Take a picture and enjoy!