Who here likes Andes Chocolate mints?
I remember when I first encountered these mints, it was my first time at the Olive Garden. The server would give you them with your check. It was love at first bite.
I wanted to see if I can make this cool, chocolate, goodness into a cocktail.
So I started by making my own chocolate syrup. I used @navitasorganics cacao powder, oat milk, and turbinado sugar. Then, I made a mint syrup using mint leaves, spinach, sugar, and peppermint extract. I combined it with @oatly oat milk to lighten the color. Finally, I infused vodka with cacao nibs and mixed it with some of the chocolate syrup. Enjoy this dessert cocktail!
- 2oz Vodka @steeldustvodka with 1oz chocolate syrup
- 2oz Scratch made mint syrup with 1oz oat milk
- 2oz Scratch made Chocolate syrup
- In serving glass, pour the chocolate syrup.
- In a shaker tin, combine the mint syrup with oatmilk. Add ice and shake. Strain over the chocolate syrup and layer with the back of your bar spoon.
- In another shaker tin, combine the chocolate syrup with vodka. Add ice and shake. Strain over the mint layer with the back of your bar spoon. Enjoy!
Chocolate Syrup Recipe
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 cup turbinado sugar (or sugar of choice)
1 cup oat milk
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer in medium heat.
- Stir all ingredients until sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes or until you get your desired consistency.
Green Mint Syrup Recipe
1 1/2 cup water
1 cup spinach
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup mint leaves
3/8 tsp of peppermint extract
- Pour all ingredients, except for the sugar, into a blender and blend.
- Fine strain into a sauce pan.
- Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Simmer in low heat until you get your desired consistency.
- Add peppermint extract.