My friend @bbrownecreates challenged me to make a cocktail based on this creepy looking mushroom called Bleeding Tooth Fungus. Challenge accepted!
I did some research on this fungi, and it is, in fact, edible and not poisonous. Unfortunately, it isn’t very palatable due to it being super bitter.
Enjoy this sweet, sour, and bitter drink!
- Combine Campari, blood orange bitters, and strawberry syrup and pour into the serving glass.
- Add ice to serving glass.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except the Peychauds bitters, into a shaker tin.
- Dry shake. (No ice)
- Add ice and shake.
- Double strain and layer over the ice in serving glass.
- Add the drops of Peychauds bitters and pomegranate arils.
- Take a picture.
- Mix and enjoy!