Happy National Lemonade Day!
What better way to refresh yourself in the hot summer days than with lemonade?
Well, I made a frozen version and put my own twist on this classic. Enjoy!
- 2oz Old Yaupon gin @waterloogin
- 2oz Lemongrass infused sweetened condensed coconut milk* (say that 5 times fast 😆)
- 1oz Freshly pressed lemon juice
- 1oz Water
- 1 cup of Ice
- Garnished with lemongrass, lemon zest, and drizzled sweetened condensed coconut milk
Pour everything, but the ice in a container and stir until all of the condensed coconut milk is well mixed, then pour into a blender craft with ice and blend until smooth.
P. S. This drink can be enjoyed by the young ones as well, just omit the liquor.
Lemongrass infused sweetened condensed coconut milk recipe
- Pour 1 cup of sweetened condensed coconut milk into a sauce pan.
- Cut a cup up lemongrass and fill up a cups worth. Throw in sauce pan.
- Simmer in sauce pan until you get the desired flavor of lemongrass.
- Pour into a container and enjoy!
* Side note: you have to keep the condensed coconut milk warm in order to use it in the cocktail. It tends to get very thick at room temperature and solidifies in the fridge.