This next drink is for all of my Grinches out there! And just like the Grinch, it’s not for everyone.
The combination of flavors, oddly enough, go well together. At least for me. If you’re willing to give this cocktail a try, let me know what you think! Also, make it for your favorite Grinch and maybe their heart will grow 3 times. Enjoy!
- 2oz Old tom gin @spring44distilling
- 1oz Freshly pressed lime juice
- 1oz Green melon liqueur @drinkmidori
- 1oz Scratch made green mint syrup
- Top off with elderflower tonic (or tonic of choice) @qmixers
- Garnished with sour green melon cotton candy
- Combine everything, but the tonic, into a shaker tin with ice.
- Shake for about 15 seconds.
- Strain over serving vessel with ice.
- Top off with tonic.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Green Mint Syrup Recipe
1 1/2 cup water
1 cup spinach
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup mint leaves
3/8 tsp of peppermint extract
- Pour all ingredients, except for the sugar, into a blender and blend.
- Fine strain into a sauce pan.
- Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Simmer in low heat until you get your desired consistency.
- Add peppermint extract.