Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
This next cocktail was actually inspired by my daughter. She’s a spunky, happy, goofball. Seeing how I made her a nonalcoholic version, I tried to make it without any artificial colors that seem to be prominent for this occasion. So I made my famous green mint syrup to give it that beautiful green sheen. Look for the recipe in the comments section. For the mocktail version, just omit the whiskey and adjust the other ingredients to your tastes. Enjoy!
- 2oz Irish whiskey @bushmillsusa
- 1.5oz green mint syrup (more or less to taste)
- .5oz freshly pressed lime juice
- Topped off with lime soda water (or seltzer of your choice) @lacroixwater
- Poured over 2 @truecubes ice cubes
Combine everything but the soda water into a shaker with ice. Shake. Strain into a glass with ice. Top off with soda water.
Mint Syrup Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 3/8 tsp of peppermint extract
Pour all ingredients, except for the sugar and peppermint extract, into a blender and blend. Fine strain into a sauce pan. Add sugar and stir until it dissolves. Simmer in low heat until you get your desired consistency. Add peppermint extract.