I was gifted this nice bottle of Agavales añejo tequila. It can be enjoyed on its own or on the rocks, with notes of vanilla, spice, and caramel. It makes for an excellent, smooth sipper.
With that being said, I like to push the envelope when it comes to making my cocktails. So I had the idea of utilizing this tequila as the base alcohol for a summer drink. Why not?
The song, “Heat Waves” from @glassanimals has been on repeat in my mind, so I used that as inspiration for this drink. Since we’re kinda, sort of, in the middle of June. Enjoy!
Cilantro & Cucumber syrup recipe
- 1/4 cup cilantro (more or less depending on how much cilantro flavor you want.)
- 1 cup cucumber
- 1 cup water
- Blend everything and fine strain into sauce pan.
- Pour 1 cup of sugar into sauce pan and whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Boil or simmer until you get the consistency that you desire.
- Pour in a glass container and let it cool.