Happy Earth Day!
For this next cocktail, I wanted to make something with herbs and a little “earthy”.
Shout out to @tipsygypsyventures for letting me have a bottle of Waterloo Old Yaupon gin.
So I made a simple syrup from 4 different herbs. Sage, mint, basil, and oregano. Carrot juice for the earthy note; lime juice for balance; and Old Yaupon gin. Enjoy!
Herb syrup recipe
- Equal parts sage, mint, basil, oregano. For example, 1/4 cup of each fresh herb.
- Equal parts sugar and water. For example, 1 cup of each.
- Put everything in a sauce pan.
- Heat everything in medium high heat.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer until you get your desired consistency.
- Strain into a glass container, let it cool down, then store it in the fridge.