Where are my Koreans at?
My ladies and I love Korean BBQ.
Our go to spot is @koreahouseorlando
After our last visit, our server sold us on Sujeonggwa, a Korean cinnamon-ginger tea, to aid in digestion. Needless to say, it was so damn good!
I did some research and decided to make my own. I used turbinado sugar, white sugar, ginger, and cinnamon sticks. Of course I had to put some booze in it. Since it’s Fall, this drink is perfect for the occasion. Enjoy!
- Scratch made Korean cinnamon-ginger tea (chilled)
- 2oz Soju (or more) @hitejinroamerica
- Garnished with pine nuts
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped ginger
- 4- 4 & 1/2-inch cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar ( or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- In one pot, pour 3 cups of water and chopped ginger.
- In another pot, pour 3 cups of water and cinnamon sticks
- Boil both pots in medium heat for 30 minutes.
- When done, fine strain the liquids of both pots into a larger pot and toss away the ginger and cinnamon.
- Add both white and turbinado sugars into the larger pot and stir until sugars are well combined.
- pour into a container or leave it in the pot to cool down. Enjoy!