Continuing with the watermelon theme, this next cocktail was inspired by an old school soda.
When I found out that there was such thing as yellow watermelon, I had to find one and make a cocktail out of it. To me, it tastes like a sweet, light version of its red counterpart. It tastes less “watermelony”. It definitely adds fresh juiciness to the cocktail.
Fun fact: the reason why the watermelon is yellow, is because it has a lot of vitamin C and very little lycopene. Lycopene, a bright red carotenoid, is what gives fruits and vegetables that red hue. Obviously, red watermelon is loaded with lycopene. Enjoy!
- 4oz Freshly pressed yellow watermelon juice
- 2oz orange flavored vodka @hangar1distillery
- 1oz Bergamot liqueur @italicusrdb
- 1oz freshly pressed lemon juice
- 1oz simple syrup (to taste)
- Top off with soda water
- Garnished with yellow watermelon balls
Glass pick by @surfsidesips
Click on the link above and use my promo code “Impeccable20” to get 20% off of your total.
Metal straw by @abarabove