Happy National Guacamole Day!
Happy Mexican Independence Day!
This next cocktail is savory. Think about a Bloody Maria, but with tomatillos instead of red tomatoes. I made a tomatillo salsa for my base. I used tequila for my liquor, and a hot pepper shrub to add some spice and complexity.
My beautiful wife made some blue corn tortilla chips, and I made my guacamole to complement the drink. Salud!
- 4oz Scratch made tomatillo salsa
- 2oz Blanco tequila @suertetequila
- .75oz Hot pepper shrub @marleecomarket
- Garnished with a side of guacamole in an avocado shell.
Tomatillo Salsa Recipe
- 3 roasted tomatillos
- 1/4 roasted large red onion
- Lime juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 1/4 cup water